Join the next revolution in healthcare therapies development!
Cherry Biotech (Paris, France)
COMPANY: Cherry Biotech SAS
PLACE OF WORK: City of Lights (Paris)
STARTING DATE: ASAP
SALARY: 36.000 € gross/year
DURATION: Permanent position after 4 months the trial period
FORMAT: CDI, 35H/week, full time
KEYWORDS: electronics, programming, engineer, experienced, geek, PhD
Who are we?
Our vision: We are convinced that the Convergence of Nanotechnology, Biotechnology, Cognitive Sciences, and Informatics will revolutionize the 21st century, our conception of human health, and will lead us to major civilizational choices. To be at the forefront, it’s fundamental to master new technologies.
Our mission: To be at the forefront, our mission is to develop the most advanced technological platform for predicting the impact of molecules (drug, endocrine perturbators, cosmetic, etc.) on the human body to better treat pathologies (orphan diseases, cancer, bacterial resistance, virus pandemic). Moreover, this platform is an alternative to ineffective animal models by combining new microfluidic technology, artificial intelligence, and the most advanced imaging techniques.
Our context today: As deep tech entrepreneurs, we choose the entrepreneurial path instead of the academic one. We are a team of risk-takers and we need to do more with less. We are now at an early stage of development of our company before product-market fit. Cubix, our main product, is in a pre-sales phase.
Our Team: To face all the challenges of our mission, we have built a united and hardworking group. We are a multidisciplinary team of 15 people with 7 Nationalities absolutely passionate about our missions, helping each other, and adapting to all situations.
Our culture: To succeed in our mission, we have also built a strong culture based on 3 majors axes which combine :
-Sense of humor with excellence, a taste for effort, and surpassing oneself.
-Respect for the chain of command with sincere feedback in both directions.
-Speed of execution with the pleasure of sharing time with everyone.
What do we propose?
Goals of the position:
Join the R&D unit and become a key element in the improvement of the current device architectures (hardware/software) and in the development of the new generation of devices from Cherry Biotech.
Your main responsibilities:
- Integrate with the R&D team and ultimately with the overall Cherry Biotech team.
- Deliver assigned tasks in the due times previously agreed or inform on previously unidentified delays as soon as detected.
- Present potential proposed solutions to identified/discussed challenges and implement them after approval.
- Be the reference (“magician”) on making the electronic and mechanical parts of the current and future Cherry Biotech devices work smoothly and robustly.
- Report/brainstorm/clarify ongoing tasks weekly to the CTO (be proactive, never scared, on elevating info and challenges) and record, by written document, on each finished task.
- Check for industrialization and user safety compliance of implemented solutions.
What we’re looking for :
- Proficiency in programming languages (C, C++, Python, …): mandatory.
- Hands-on designing/building/assembling electronic cards, mechanical devices, and software controllers: mandatory.
- English fluent speaker: mandatory; French fluent speaker: Desirable.
- Experience in CAD design and simulation software: Desirable.
- Background on industrial certification and industrialization: Desirable
- You enjoy and want team success: mandatory.
- Motivated and good handling of high-pressure challenges: mandatory.
- You must have a Ph.D. degree in the areas of mechatronics, electronics, or robotics.
- You have a strong spirit of conquest, a love for challenges, and a result-oriented mindset.
- You have an ROI approach and think that measuring is already improving.
- You like to build hypotheses, test them, and turn symptoms into the identification of causes.
- You have a “bootstrap” mindset: you are creative, and you know how to perform adapting to the available means.
- You have experience in building electronics or robotic.
- You are passionate about sciences and engineering, with particular interests in the Healthcare field.
- You put into practice the maxim “Done is better than perfect, iterating and experiencing will do the rest”
- You are a team player, dynamic, curious, proactive, respectful to diverging opinions, open to engaging productive discussions and brainstorming, and attracted by the challenging and rewarding environment of a start-up.
How to Apply:
Send your CV and a Cover Letter, indicating what you are willing to find and to bring to Cherry Biotech. You should send these documents in PDF format mentioning “Job Offer: CB – Mechatronics Engineer” in the subject of the email to [email protected]. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to send a message to this address.
Who are you? A geek? A nerd? Do you have an atypical profile? Join us!